Dominic Solanke has not been named in Tottenham's matchday squad for the Premier League clash against Bournemouth due to an ankle injury.
The striker is yet to start a game for Spurs this campaign and has instead been used from the bench by Thomas Frank. Richarlison has started the season in fine form, with the Dane even admitting the Brazilian is the team's current starting striker.
Speaking ahead of the match on Saturday at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Frank explained that Solanke has been left out of the squad to face the Cherries due to a minor ankle injury.
READ MORE: Savinho transfer completed, £90m surprise - Dream Tottenham end to summer window
READ MORE: Tottenham team vs Bournemouth confirmed - Dominic Solanke absence explained as Frank names XI
"He has got a minor issue with his ankle," Frank said. "That's been a little bit grumbling also in the pre-season. It's just too much for this game and now we have international break so hopefully he can be ready after that."
Speaking about both Richarlison and Solanke last week, Frank said: "Right now, he is my starting nine "He scored two fantastic goals. He had two top games, he’s the Brazilian number nine.
"He’s a very good player, I’m very happy with him. Richy wants to stay, I want to keep him, there have been no talks about anything else. We just played the first game, scored three goals, that’s pretty promising. It’s a long season, we need players with different abilities.
"[Mohammed] Kudus has the spark and creativity, Wilson [Odobert] does that well, Mathys [Tel] can play different positions. We have two good strikers in Dom [Solanke] and Richy, Brennan [Johnson] the deep runner. We have variation up the pitch, but again we’ll look out there for someone who can strengthen but that’s in all areas."
Tottenham face Bournemouth at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium at 3pm on Saturday. Follow live coverage of the game here.
You may also like
No permanent friends or foes in international ties: Rajnath Singh
"Remains to be seen whether there is any political game": BJP's Rahul Sinha on Bengal school jobs scam case
"Amit Shah should take responsibility": Sanjay Raut advocates for dialogue amid Maratha quota row
Strictly Come Dancing's Oti Mabuse eyed up for show return after Dancing On Ice axe
Last Chance to Settle Property Tax Dues Without Penalties