Next Story
Newszop

Travis Decker manhunt uncovers bones as missing dad suspected of killing daughters

Send Push

A search for a dad suspected of killing his three daughters has led to the discovery of bones which are in the process of being identified.

Police have been looking for nearly three months in the mountains of Washington statefor ex-soldier Travis Deckerfollowing the deaths of the three children and there has been no confirmed evidence that he has remained in the area or that he was alive at all. The 33-year-old has been wanted since June 2, when sheriff’s deputy Mike McLeod found his truck and the bodies of Paityn Decker, nine, Evelyn Decker, eight and Olivia Decker, five, at a campground outside Leavenworth.

The discovery came three days after he failed to return the girls to their mother’s home in Wenatchee, about 100 miles east of Seattle, following a scheduled visit.

READ MORE: TikTok star found dead with husband and kids in truck amid 'cartel murder' fears

READ MORE: Naked woman, 22, escapes killer's sex dungeon before cops find unimaginable horrors

image

The bodies of the girls were found down an embankment close to Travis’ white pick-up truck in a remote area of Rock Island Campground and an autopsy determined they died from asphyxiation. And now an examination is underway on bones that have been found by the Rock Island Campground to first of all ascertain if they are human and then if they belong to Decker.

“The bones were found during the grid search by one of the 100 personnel ... it was inconclusive at the time if they were animal or human, so it was sent off to Central Washington University in their anthropology department to do a confirmation," Chelan County Sheriff Mike Morrison told Wenatchee World.

image

The FBI is leading the search for Decker with police having warned members of the public not to approach the man, who was a full-time member of the Washington National Guard for three years after joining the army. The dad went part time in 2024.

Meanwhile, Deputy Mike Leod has previously told how he was “angry” that the wanted man hadn’t been found. "I'm still angry. He still hasn't been found," he McLeod told USA Today.

“There was nothing we could do for them," McLeod recalled of the grim discovery of the children. "I was angry... Where is he? Oddly enough there wasn’t anyone at any other campsites, no people. No vehicles. Normally it’s super busy."

Kittitas County Sheriff’s Office also said they were determined to find Travis. “There is no certain evidence that Decker remains alive or in this area,” the Kittitas County Sheriff’s Office said. "Still, we can’t and won’t quit this search; Paityn, Evelyn, and Olivia Decker deserve justice. And Decker remains a danger to the public as long as he’s at large.”

Loving Newspoint? Download the app now